Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tornado Tactical Leg Holster

Click here to read more.

This holster is another one of our “wow this is a surprising value” items. I thought I would share a bit of my impressions and give a quick review.

Background
When I first started using them I decided I not really like leg holsters. I found, and still find them to be next to useless in any sort of vehicle operations. I also find the weight on my legs annoying in the normal configuration, flopping about on the thigh.

Then I was turned on to the high-ride idea. Basically moving the holster as high as absolutely possible on your leg and as close to your belt as you can. This eliminates the upper of the two leg straps. This type of holster configuration moves the weight to your belt, still clears body armor and enhances the platforms stability ten-fold.

I fell back in love with the leg holster.

Features

The beauty of the Tornado holster lies in its design. This holster has a ton of adjustment. There is an adjustment for everything and I mean everything. Leg strap, belt strap upper portion, belt strap lower portion, holster body, muzzle rest, magazine flap, thumb break right side, and the thumb break left side are all adjustable. The adjustability of this design does not hurt the stability or the security of this holster either. The adjustments are not exactly easy to make and once adjusted these things are not going anywhere unless you want them to.

This holster features good grabby rubberized leg straps with shock absorbing elastic where they attach to the holster body keep you from cutting off your circulation while still staying snug and stable.

The Tornado is also quick releasable (QR), with a QR buckle on the belt strap and one each on the two leg straps you can don and doff this rig in an instant.

Conclusion

I tried this holster in normal and high-ride configuration and found it to be stable and just as nice as much more expensive nylon holsters from both the big name brands and the boutique brands. Plus it offered more adjustability. Check this baby out. I do not think you will find a better holster at twice this price point.



Tornado Tactical Leg Holster

No comments:

Post a Comment